3M Cloud Library
eBooks & eAudiobooks
The 3M Cloud Library offers eBooks through various different outlets including their website, mobile phone/tablet application, and the Mattoon Library’s website.
Setting up your account
- Download the application for your PC or Mac, or for your mobile phone or tablet using the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Select IL from the list of states.
- Select Illinois Heartland Libraries System from the list of libraries.
- Enter your library card number (no spaces)
- Enter your pin number (by default, the last 4 digits of your phone number)
- You can install an application for each mobile phone, tablet, Kindle, or Nook on up to 5 devices before using the 3M Cloud Library.
- Your account, including where you left off reading or listening in a given title, will be synchronized between all your devices automatically.
- You can check out up to 5 items at a time.
- You can have up to 5 titles on hold at a time.
- The loan period for an eBook is 21 days.
The 3M Cloud Library
There are two ways to check out eBooks (searching, checking out, managing your account, etc.)
- From the 3M Cloud application on your device or computer
- From the Mattoon Library catalog
Searching for eBooks & eAudiobooks through the Mattoon Library catalog
3M Cloud eBooks and eAudiobooks are included in the Mattoon Library catalog along with print books, books on CD, DVDs, and music CDs. Browse and check out 3M titles just as you would with all items in the catalog.
- 3M Titles are indicated by the 3M logo to the right of the title information. To find only 3M titles, enter 3M in the search bar and select eBook under “limit by.”
- eAudiobooks have a headphone symbol on the bottom right corner of the book cover.
iPod touch® Android App
Android™ Devices NOOK App
Windows™ / Mac OS X
Kobo™ eReader Kindle Fire App
Kindle Fire HD
Kindle Fire HDX