Any teacher or summer care organization can apply for a classroom card. This is a special library card for program use only. Classroom cards are just like standard library cards, but they have higher checkout limits and give the user a way to keep their personal library use separate from their work use.
Rules for classroom cards are just like standard library cards. Due dates must be adhered to, damaged or lost items must be paid for, etc.
In order to obtain a classroom card, there are a few requirements that a patron must meet. The rules are as follows:
- The patron must show photo ID.
- The patron must show proof that they work at the given in-town organization.
- If the patron’s organization is located outside the city limits of Mattoon, the patron must pay for a non-resident library card.
- The patron must have his/her personal library card and anyone linked to their account must be free of fines.
- A classroom card will be linked to a patron’s personal library card until the card is deleted or the person no longer working at the organization that they received the card for.
- Classroom cards can only be applied for in person at the Library. They cannot be issued over the phone or online.
- Cards are usable at the time of issue, but the card itself will be mailed to the organization.